Myrtle Heery, Ph.D.
- 2012 Honoree of Women in Humanistic Psychology, Division 32: Society for Humanistic Psychology Fifth Annual Conference
- 2011 Nomination from Sonoma State University for Excellence in Teaching
- 2010 Nomination from Sonoma State University for Excellence in Teaching
- Lecturer Psychology Department, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA.
- Publications on Existential-Humanistic Psychotherapy and Transpersonal Psychotherapy. Co-editor of the book, Awakening to Aging, Glimpsing the Gifts of Aging. See publications listed below.
- Led, and is leading, trainings for psychologists, marriage, family therapists, licensed clinical social workers, health practitioners, college counselors, and pastoral counselors in Canada, China, England, Germany, Holland, Mexico, Russia, and the United States.
- Private practice, licensed marriage family therapist for thirty years, with individuals, couples, and groups in Petaluma, CA.
- Group and individual consultations with psychotherapists and interns and other health practitioners available--contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read Dr. Heery's articles:
- Heery, M. & Richardson, G. (Eds.) (2009). Awakening to Aging: Glimpsing the Gifts of Aging. Colorado Springs, Co.: University of the Rockies
- Heery, M. (2009). Global Authenticity. In L. Hoffman & M. Yang (Eds.). Existential Psychology East-West, Colorado Springs, Co.: University of the Rockies. 205-221.
- Heery, M. & Bugental, J.F.T. (2005). Meaning and Transformation. In E. van Deurzen & C. Arnold-Baker(Eds.). Existential Perspectives on Human Issues, New York, N.Y.:Palgrave Macmillan. 253-264.
- Heery, M. & Bugental, J.F.T. (2005). Listening to the Listener: An Existential-Humanistic Approach to Psychotherapy with Psychotherapists.In J.D. Geller, J.C.Norcross, & D.E. Orlinsky (Eds.). The Psychotherapist’s Own Psychotherapy, New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press. 282-296.
- Heery, M. (2001). A Humanistic Perspective on Bereavement. In K.J. Schneider, J.F.T. Bugental, & J. Fraser Pierson (Eds.), The handbook of humanistic psychology, Thousand Oaks,CA: Sage. 433-446.
- Heery, M. (2001). Insiide the Soul of Russian and American Psychotherapy Trainings. Journal of Humanistic Psychology, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 42 (2), 89-101.
- Heery, M. (1999). Food for the Soul, Moscow Psychotherapeutic Magazine, Moscow State Univ. Moscow, Russia. 58-70.
- Heery, M., & Bugental, J.F.T. (1999). Unearthing the moment. Self and Society, London, England: Routledge, 27 (2) 25-27.
- Heery, M. (1997) No one to call home to: Loss of Mother. Self-produeced video. 45 min.
- Heery, M. (1993) Hearing voices: non-psychiatric perspective. In Romme, R. & Escher, S. (Eds.). Accepting Voices.London: MIND publications. Translated into Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Dutch.
- OMNI, 1990 Review of Inner Voice Research
- Common Boundary, 1989 Review of Inner Voice Research
- Heery, M. (1987) Inner Voice Experiences: an exploratory study of thirty cases. Journal of Transpersonal Psychology. 21 (1) 73-82.
- Heery, M. (1980-84). Meditation and the Helping Professions, Yoga and Psychology Interview with Joseph Chilton Pearce, Interview with Irena Tweedie, Yoga Journal, Berkeley, CA.
"When Healthy People Hear Voices"
Order a radio interview on CD with Myrtle Heery, "When Healthy People Hear Voices", originally aired by KQED radio, yourownhealthandfitness.org.